Slate floors have adorned the exterior of homes as in patio or garden from a very long time and have today entered the interior of modern homes as well. Slate flooring has always remained as the best choice for a flooring material. Why? Read the rest of the article to know more about the beauty, features and uses of this natural stone: slate stone.
For home decoration, the floors of the house play a vital role in enhancing the look of the house. Right from the flooring of the patio, the driveway to your balcony and the other rooms, the floor material is of great importance as it needs to be durable, should be easily maintained plus it should enhance the look of the room. There are various types of stones used for flooring but slate stone with its beauty and durability features has become a versatile flooring material, increasing its popularity in commercial and residential interior and exterior.
Qualities of Slate Flooring
- Slate flooring is very durable as slate stone is a durable stone.
- Slate stones are available in various colors and hence you can have your floor as per your favorite color plus that the color that matches your home decor.
- Slate stone comes in many textures and accordingly you can have polished slate stone flooring, laminated slate floor, welsh slate floors, natural cleft, honed floor.
- Another important quality of slate flooring is that it is stain resistant. So it can be easily wiped and cleaned if there is any spilling of stuff like oil, grease, paint etc.
- Slate stones are available in various shapes and sizes. So for flooring, you can opt not only the regular shaped square or rectangle slate tiles or slate slabs but also slate tiles of other shapes and create a unique flooring pattern.
- Installing slate flooring is easy, compared to other materials.
- You can also have slate stone in several thicknesses.
- Similarly, state stone flooring is also easily maintained.
- Slate flooring is also scratch proof.
- Slate stone also has a fantastic slip resistance property. Hence slate floors are suitable for both interior and exterior flooring.
- Besides flooring, slate slabs can also be used in fireplace surrounds, hearths, stair treads or as kitchen slate backsplash.
- Compared to other flooring materials, slate flooring is not very expensive and it is worth the investment as it lasts for a long time.
Considering all the qualities mentioned above, don't you think slate stone is indeed the best material for flooring ?
Slate Stone: An online b2b platform offers a complete information on slate stones and also offers a great variety of slate tiles, slabs, slate floor, backsplash, chips, roofs etc. for wholesale purchase .