Why Slate Flooring?
There are many reasons for which slate stone is considered the best for making floors and tiles such as follows:
- Slate flooring is durable and strong.
- Slate stone has a smooth and shiny surface. It gives a very refined and sophisticated look.
- The slate floors are non-slippery and give a good grip. Hence it is suitable for flooring. Can also be used in the porch and driveways.
- Another advantage of slat floor is that it does not allow any kind of liquid from seeping from the floor surface.
- It is also stain resistant.
- Slate floors are easy to maintain. Simply mopping the floor with a damp cloth is enough.
Slate Flooring for Home Decor
The beautiful slate floorings are available in various designs, cuts, shapes, sizes and colors. Some of the colors of slate stones that you will find with stone manufacturers are charcoal blacks, rust red, blue, brown, grey etc. They are just perfect to be placed in any corner of the house. These kinds of slate flooring give a very natural appearance which is why many people opt for it. This type of flooring is much better than wooden or any other type of flooring. They are perfect to placed in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and even in patio, balcony and outside flooring. Slate flooring installation is also very easy. You can in place the state in running or any other pattern depending upon the space available and your choice. The floors can also be coated to give a shiny appearance.
With subtle colors and textures, the stone floors can compliment almost any interior decor scheme. The slate floors with eye catching designs enhance the look of any room. Though many prefer to go for the naturally smooth look, the rough surface finish of slat floor is equally appealing. This is mainly preferred in the high traffic areas and also exterior wall cladding. Because of its inherent qualities of non-staining, slip resistance and low maintenance, the slate stone floor is also an economically a viable option for home decoration. They are used in kitchen floors, counter tops, bathroom floors, shower wall, backsplashes, walkways, pool surrounds, waterfalls, pool linings etc. Slate stone flooring is indeed the most ideal option for your home, office or driveway.
Check out more on Slate Stones: An online B2B Marketplace offering information on slate stones including a list of manufacturers and suppliers of slate stone crafts and products.