Although most of the times, furniture has to be chosen based on certain fixed criteria - comfort, durability and style. However, when it comes to choosing wooden garden furniture, you have to see to many other criteria too because, this outdoor furniture has to face the harsh weather conditions. So, how to choose wood garden furniture for the best results? These are some tips for you:
- Always see that mortice and tenon joints are used in the wood garden furniture and not the bolts that tend to corrode.
- Ensure that the metal fittings used are made of brass, stainless steel or aluminum - the corrosion resistant metals.
- Chose such wooden garden furniture that matches the appearance and design of the garden. The light-colored things like white picket fence go well with white cedar garden benches while darker designs like stained benches would need a heavily wooded garden setting.
- Consider the number of people for whom this wooden garden furniture is needs. Wooden benches seat can accommodate three people. Wooden garden chairs like Adirondack chairs can be thought of for small groups.
- If you do not buy folding furniture bust such garden furniture that have to be out in all weather conditions, you must choose the best wood. Read What is the Best Wood for Garden Furniture? to know what type of garden furniture is best for you!